Hey! My name is Rob, and I’m the founder of Home Studio Center.
I started this website to help home recordists like you record and mix great audio.
I love to talk about the importance of mic placement and recording technique. I love to talk about developing your ears and finding your own style. And I also love to talk about techniques specific to homes and small studios.
I also love to teach in a way that encourages you to take action in your studio.
There are plenty of free resources out there – you could spend a lifetime reading about audio online.
But if you’ve ever felt like you struggle to put it into practice, then this is the site for you.
Let me tell you a bit more about myself…
- Freelance mix engineer (Rob Mayzes).
- Professional audio writer/journalist, currently writing for Envato Tuts+ (13 million readers per month), SonicScoop and more
- Teacher to over 7,000 students on Udemy
- Worked in a range of studios in London (UK) over the years, both as an engineer and session musician.
- Recording/mixing at home and in studios for over 11 years.
- 1st Class Degree in Audio Production from The University of Kent.
Learning to record and mix great sounding audio isn’t easy.
If you’ve ever felt frustrated. If you’ve ever spent hours recording and mixing, but it just doesn’t seem to get any better… then subscribe to my mailing list below.
Every week I’ll send you exclusive guides, tips and videos to your inbox.
Plus… it’s completely free.
Here’s how I can help:
- Get a look into the mind of a professional mix engineer.
- Stop wildly throwing plugins at your mix and hoping it will get better.
- Learn what a good mix actually is, and how to get there.
- Stop the guess work.
- Get guaranteed results form my step-by-step guides (they’re so straightforward that even my Grandma could start mixing)
- Stop wasting hours reading about stuff on the internet and never putting it into practice
Let’s turn you into an awesome home recordist…